WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
Ensign John Davis Camp No. 10 is the first ever Camp to be established outside of the United States. We held our inaugural meeting and received our Charter on the 23rd July, 2016.
We are the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, the descendants of the men who fought for the Union during the American Civil War 1861-1865.
As descendants and legal heirs to the Grand Army of the Republic, we are a direct link to those men. We honour them by keeping alive the memory of their service and sacrifice in a way that no other organisation can.
We are brothers in every respect but also have the ability to offer associate memberships in the Camp to those sharing our values and objectives but who do not have a line to an ancestor that fought in the Civil War.
SONS of UNION VETERANS of the CIVIL WAR MISSION STATEMENT
- To perpetuate the memory of the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) and of the men who saved the Union 1861 to 1865
- To assist in preserving and making available for the research of documents and records pertaining to the GAR and its members
- To co-operate in doing honour all those who have patriotically served in any war and to teach patriotism and the duties of citizenship, the truth of history, and the love and honour of the country’s flag
- To oppose every tendency or movement that would weaken loyalty to, or make for the destruction or impairment of the constitutional Union
- To inculcate and broadly sustain the principles of representative government, equal rights and impartial justice for all
PHOTOGRAPHS and VIDEO IMAGERY
Individuals attending events hosted by the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, by virtue of their attendance, agree to the usage of their likeness in the Banner, any Camp or Department Newsletter, any SUVCW website and/or on any SUVCW Social Media outlet, promotional brochures, or any other SUVCW material.